The University of Waterloo Association of Graduate Planners (UWAGP) is the student led body providing representation for all graduate students in the School of Planning at the University of Waterloo to our local community, academic bodies and the planning profession at large.
The UWAGP provides academic and social benefits for graduate planning students through the development of networks, activities and partnerships. These partnerships are intended to enhance the learning experience of graduate planning students.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that every incoming graduate planning student should be welcomed into the graduate planning community through orientation and mentoring to make their graduate experience successful and fun.
All graduate students of the School of Planning are members of the Association of Graduate Planners. The UWAGP is led by a council elected among the incoming graduate cohort in their first term. The current council consists of two co-presidents and eight supporting members.
The Association of Graduate Planners is committed to following supporting graduate planning students, ensuring that time spent during their education is both productive and enjoyable.
The AGP will:
- provide opportunities for student members to interact academically and socially with other graduate and undergraduate planning students, professional planners, the University of Waterloo faculty and students, and the community.
- provide opportunities for students to learn about the provincial and national planning associations:
- the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI), and
- the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP)
- provide incoming students with an orientation program to the School of Planning, the Faculty of Environmental Studies and the University of Waterloo
- provide a voice to represent the opinions and concerns of the planning student body as a whole on university-related committees / groups including:
- Faculty of Environmental Studies Executive Committee
- School of Planning
- Waterloo Environmental Studies Endowment Fund
- Computing, Communications and Operations Committee
- Environmental Studies Admissions Committee
- Graduate Student Association
The University of Waterloo School of Planning is unique in Canada. It is the only planning school to house programs at the Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels. Academic programs in planning are professionally accredited by the Canadian Institute of Planners with the exception of the MAES program.
The School of Planning is contained within the Faculty of Environment with alumni in 80 countries around the world.